Passagemaker oarlock count

After embarrassingly long delays I am up to installing the oarlocks on my PMD. So this is probably a silly question but…I understand there are two location options depending on load and # of passengers. I am inclined to install at both stations but the kit only comes with one set of oar locks and risers. Is the solution just a matter of ordering a second set from PMD?

Bruce

Yes.

The kit description reads "This Passagemaker kit includes … and one pair of bronze oarlocks and sockets. "

If you want a second set you need to buy or make one. Easiest way to get a good-looking match is to order a second set from CLC.

Laszlo

A suggestion is to buy the open version (shaped like a ‘ U’) for the second set. You can then quickly rotate the oars and set the ends into the open oarlocks. They are then out of way while sailing , yet can be readily accessed.

1 Like

Seconding Steve’s suggestion. It’s worked out very well for me on my Lighthouse Tender Peapod. I’ve finally got my oars under control instead of being loose obstacles tripping up everyone in the cockpit.

Just be sure that there’s a way to lock the locks in place so they don’t come out of the sockets when you’re lifting the oars out of the "u"s. Fortunately that happened to me in the driveway on the trailer before I put the rig onto the water and bronze floats on asphalt.

Laszlo

Yes! Def put a clip through the bottom hole. These are the ones:

Open oarlocks